Los Angeles Discrimination Attorneys
Proudly Helping Clients of all Backgrounds Protect/Enforce Their Rights
Laws like the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (CFEHA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects employees from employment discrimination due to numerous protected “characteristics” including their age, race, sex, their sexual orientation, expression, or gender identity. Despite these laws, sex and gender discrimination persists among biased employers, supervisors, and co-workers, and in some “ hostile” work environments. If you have experienced discrimination at work, know that you don’t have to take this fight on alone.
Our fierce legal advocates at Azadegan Law Group, APC proudly stand in the corners of workers throughout California who want to hold their employers accountable for acts that can be considered discrimination. When you choose our firm to represent you, you can trust that we will use our wide range of resources and extensive knowledge of the law to defend your best interests and pursue the best possible case result.
Common Examples of Sex Discrimination in the Workplace
Although some forms of discrimination against an employee’s sexual orientation are blatantly overt, other times, employers are strategic and will not verbally admit their bias, instead choosing to subtly discriminate against an employee in an attempt to force them to quit the job altogether.
Examples of sex and gender discrimination that commonly occur in the workplace include:
- An employer refuses to promote or disqualifies an employee based on their sexual orientation or gender identity
- An employer deliberately orchestrate situations, events, or environments where a person of a certain sexual orientation or gender identity would feel uncomfortable, ashamed, or unwelcome
- An employer acts in a harassing manner or allows others in the workplace to engage in sexual harassment or acts of discrimination because of an employee’s sexual orientation or gender identity
- An employer creates policies that go against the expression of sexual orientation, sometimes with the intent to fire the targeted employee for not adhering to the “rules”
- An employer provides more opportunities for job training and better work assignments to members of a particular sexual orientation
What Are the Consequences of Sex Discrimination?
Have you been forced to endure sex or gender discrimination in the workplace? If so, please get in touch with our compassionate and dedicated legal team to discuss all of your options under the law.
Employers who commit sex discrimination can face the following penalties:
- Damages for out-of-pocket expenses related to the plaintiff’s lawsuit
- Compensation for wages lost due to wrongful termination
- An injunction can be placed against the company for unlawful discrimination and harassment practices
- Expensive fines, punitive damages, and civil liability penalties
We are here to help you receive all of the compensation that you deserve, so please call (310) 340-1550 to schedule a case consultation with one of our talented sex discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles so we can get to work building a strong case strategy.
The legal professionals at Azadegan Law Group, APC can review your case carefully and work closely with your accountants and other financial experts to collect any evidence necessary to present a strong case. You can count on us to help you pursue the best outcome, so if you have more questions, please get in touch with us so that we can explain how to protect your company.
Contact us at (310) 340-1550 to schedule a consultation and find out what we can do to help you.