Los Angeles Overtime Violations Attorneys
We Help Workers With Claims for Unpaid Overtime
The state of California requires employers to pay non-exempt employees 1.5 times their regular rate of pay if they work more than eight hours a day or more than 40 hours a week. Employers must also pay non-exempt employees double their regular rate of pay if they work more than 12 hours a day or for the seventh day in a work week.
Does your employer refuse to pay overtime when you are entitled to it, or instead offers you time off to “make up” the overtime hours? If so, please get in touch with our team of seasoned lawyers at Azadegan Law Group, APC so we can review your situation and determine if you can file a claim against your employer for overtime violations. We know that overtime violations can create unfair financial burdens for hardworking employees, which is why we proudly help clients fight to protect their rights and secure justice.
Common Examples of Overtime Violations
Despite California’s strict overtime laws, some employers continue to take advantage of employees by making them work overtime without fair compensation. Employers use a variety of tactics to avoid paying overtime, including:
- Refusing to pay overtime wages
- Refusing to pay employees for off-the-clock work
- Classifying ineligible employees as “exempt” in order to avoid paying overtime rates
- Classifying employees as independent contractors to deny overtime pay
- Failing to accurately track the total number of hours employees actually work
- Averaging an employee’s total hours over more than one week to avoid paying potential overtime
- Failing to pay all overtime wages when an employee quits, is laid off, or gets fired
- Offering, or forcing, the employee to take time off at a later date to make up for the overtime worked.
Speak to Our California Overtime Attorneys Today
Unless you are an exempt employee, your employer must pay you for the work you perform beyond your regular 8-hour day or 40 hours in a work week. We believe you are entitled to be paid fairly for your work, and we are prepared to advocate for your rights and protect your best interests throughout each phase of the legal process.
Give us a call today at (310) 340-1550 to schedule your free consultation with one of our talented legal professionals.