For many years, Mr. Azadegan has a successful career in international business, an experience that contributes to his unique ability to understand and explain complex legal issues from a business point of view. Mr. Azadegan has handpicked experienced lawyers to handle any simple to complicated case in the areas of their practice.
Mr. Azadegan graduated from UCLA with majors in Economics and Political Science and received his juris doctorate from Loyola Law School.
Mr. Azadegan has been a member of the California Bar since 1987 and is admitted to practice before United States District Courts in California, the California Supreme Court, and the Ninth Circuit and Federal Circuit Courts of Appeals. He also maintains memberships in the bars of New York and Washington, D.C.
He has achieved outstanding results in business litigation, including director and officer liability; minority rights in corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies; business torts, collections, and loan/usury issues, and in real estate litigation including quiet title, easements, and adverse possession.
His achievements and experience have made Mr. Azadegan a frequent speaker on Continuing Legal Education panels, helping to train other attorneys in areas as diverse as methods of winning multi-million dollar verdicts and the ethical pitfalls of social media.
Mr. Azadegan has successfully handled more than 70 trials and arbitrations, including the following:
- Obtained a dismissal of a $27.5 million claim brought by a public company against his client
- $8.5 million in favor of his client, a real estate investor, while defeating a $5.5 million cross-complaint against the client
- Extinguished a personal guaranty, signed by the client, for $7.4 million
- Obtained a defense judgment on a claim of $2.08 million in a real estate transaction
- Obtained a favorable defense judgment including attorneys' fees and costs, by arguing a novel theory of set-off and off-set at trial
- Obtained an attachment order and used it to leverage a highly favorable settlement for over $1.7 million
- Obtained a judgment in favor of a client who had entered into a written settlement agreement in the presence of the Court, by successfully arguing that the settlement contract was unenforceable
Proud to Be a "Trial Warrior"
Mr. Azadegan is also proudly an alumni of the non-profit Trial Lawyers College, founded by the legendary Gerry Spence, who has never lost a criminal case in his life, and hasn't lost a civil case since 1969. Mr. Azadegan was one of the few selected lawyers in the country to be admitted to the college where he learned unique strategies in winning jury trials.