Michael H. Raichelson has over 25 years of business, real estate and bankruptcy litigation experience, helping businesses and individuals throughout the United States and Internationally. In addition, while acting as General Counsel for a national litigation firm for several years, he supervised the legal department while personally participating in hundreds of litigated matters.
Mr. Raichelson was born in Washington D.C. and was raised and educated in California. He grew up in the Los Angeles area before attending the University of California at Santa Barbara, graduating with a B.A. in Economics and Political Science in 1990. He later received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1994. He has been a member in good standing of the California Bar since 1994, and he is admitted to practice law before the Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern District Courts in California.
Mr. Raichelson is rated AV Preeminent by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, and he has also been selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer from 2011 through 2021. In addition, he was previously certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization as a Certified Bankruptcy Law Specialist and acted as a Judge Pro Tem for the Los County Superior Court.
Mr. Raichelson has successfully handled dozens of jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations, including the following:
- Obtained a judgment after multi week trial in excess of $2 million regarding fiduciary duties and fraud claims.
- Obtained a judgment on a Motion for Summary Judgment in excess of $1 million regarding fraud claims.
- Obtained a directed defense verdict at trial while securing $16,000 in sanctions against the opposing counsel during the pendency of the action.
- Obtained a defense award after a multi-day arbitration involving a dissolution of a partnership created to develop a 100-acre parcel in Santa Barbara County.
- Obtained a defense award after a multi-day arbitration on behalf of the client, a real estate broker.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction and order after a hearing on a pre judgment writ of attachment, authorizing his client and an investigator to videotape the contents of a warehouse, and preventing the client’s counter party from selling/transferring over $1 million of beauty supply products.
- Negotiated a settlement securing 100 cents on the dollar for his client and real property lender in the Meruelo Maddux Properties, Inc./Meruelo Maddux Properties, Inc. Chapter 11 bankruptcy.